Bozeman Science Video: Cellular Respiration questions (also seen embedded within Text)
Questions generated by Text
Text generated questions from “What is Metabolism”
1. What is the definition of metabolism.
2. How do catabolic reactions differ from anabolic reactions?
3. Cellular Respiration falls within which category, anabolic or catabolic?
4. Why are enzymes important in the metabolic process?
5. How can enzymes regulate the rate of a metabolic reaction?
6. What factor is critical to the function of the enzyme? Why?
7. What is the difference between the enzyme ‘lock and key model’ and the ‘induced fit model’?
8. Describe the two models.
9. What is hydrolysis?
10. Hydrolysis involves the addition of what for the reaction to occur?
11. What is condensation synthesis?
12. Digestion of food is which process?
Life is Work text questions
1. The ultimate energy source for life is what?
Cellular Respiration text questions
1. In cellular respiration, sugar is broken down into what to produce what?
2. What is the overall reaction for cellular respiration?
Mitochondria questions generated by Bozeman Video (starts at 4:26)
1. The folds on the inside of mitochondria are called what?
2. How many membranes are there and what are they called?
3. What do we call the space in the middle?
4. What do we think mitochondria used to be? What evidence is this belief based on? Does that make them parasites?
Glycolysis questions generated by Bozeman Video (starts at 5:17)
1. Where does Glycolysis occur and within what in a human cell and where in a bacteria?
2. Glucose is what?
3. Glucose is broken down into what?
4. Describe those resulting molecules in terms of the Carbon content.
5. How much ATP is generated?
6. What other chemical is made and how is it made?
Transition Reaction questions generated by Bozeman Video (starts 6:15)
1. How does pyruvate move into the mitochondria?
2. What does the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex do to the pyruvate?
3. This results in a molecules with how many carbons? Where does that molecule go?
4. What happens to the extra carbon and where does it go?
Kreb Cycle questions generated by Bozeman Video (starts 6:50)
1. What happens to the 2 C in acetyl CoA?
2. How much ATP does the Kreb Cycle produce?
3. We are adding energy to what 2 electron carriers? These electron carriers are carrying the electrons to where?
Text generated questions
1. Is Oxygen required for the Kreb Cycle?
2. Most of the enzymes of the Kreb Cycle are located in the ___________?
3. What is the waste product of the Kreb Cycle?
Electron Transport Chain questions generated by Bozeman Science Video (starts 7:38)
1. At the start of the ETC portion, Mr. Anderson says all the energy that was originally in glucose (except for the little ATP generated so far) is now in what?
2. What are the electrons going to move through (a series of what)?
3. What is the energy (released by the proteins) going to be used for?
4. Where do the protons (H+) go, from where to where?
5. What happens to the electron after its energy is removed by the proteins in the ETC?
6. What by-product is produced?
7. What acts as the last electron acceptor in the ETC?
8. What happens to the protons that were moved across the inner membrane?
9. What do they move through and what does that produce and how much of it?
Anaerobic questions generated by Bozeman Science Video (starts 10:48)
1. What problem happens when pyruvate is produced in glycolysis and NAD+ is turned into NADH?
2. Where does Lactic Acid Fermentation take place and how deos the production of lactate eliminate the original problem?
3. What is required for our muscles to break down the lactate?
4. In alcoholic fermentation, the pyruvate is converted into what?
5. This is how we (with yeast) produce what?