BSBMKG603 Manage the Marketing Process
You are advised to commence work on your assessment from week 1 and all tasks must be submitted by the due dates provided.
- All assessments must be completed and delivered individually. Where an assessment involves group discussions, you should consider the input of your group but submit an individual assessment to your trainer.
- Please read all instructions on completing each assessment. Instructions for completion are provided at the beginning of each assessment.
- All written answers must be typed in a word document using Arial font, 12 size and single spacing if similar instructions are not provided in the assessment.
- Your trainer will not be able to assist you in answering questions. However, your trainer will address any issues concerning questions requiring further explanation.
- You may refer to your student learning resources or any other relevant resources when completing your assessment.
- Assessments are due for submission as specified in the assessment schedule. Any variations to this arrangement must be approved by your trainer prior to the due date for submission.
- You have access to computers which are equipped with Microsoft suite of products or any other relevant software and printing facility.
- Use assessment templates if provided, to complete relevant sections of the assessment. You can also create your known templates for assessment evidence.
- You must achieve a satisfactory result for all tasks to achieve competency in this unit.
- All assessment answers should be submitted to the trainer in required format (soft or hard copy) as per trainer instructions with completed assessment cover sheet (if required).
|Task 1||Week 1|
|Task 2||Week 2|
|Task 3||Week 3|
In this task you are required to develop a management plan for provided marketing information to monitor and review its progress after a period of time. You will also need to delegate roles to individuals within the organisation, establish and use KPIs to assess progress, and communicate information about marketing activities as required.
As part of this task, you will need to ensure that you understand the mission and strategic objectives of your organisation, in particular the marketing objectives and legislation requirements. Such legislation requirements would cover areas such as: copyright laws, privacy laws, Trades Practices Act, Direct Marketing Code of Practice and defamation laws. You will need to develop plans for managing the marketing activities for the organisation, with specific attention paid to the integration of marketing and sales activities and the delegation of roles and responsibilities to individuals and teams within the organisation. You will need to develop materials to communicate the marketing objectives and management processes for the marketing plan for a range of staff and stakeholders, and will need to monitor and review the progress of the marketing objectives over time. An understanding of relevant economic, social and industry directions, trends and practices will be required to assist completion of the assessment.
Using the case study information provided, develop a management plan for the marketing activities being conducted within your organisation. This should include information under the following headings:
- Marketing activities: Review proposed marketing activities and accompanying information to identify and describe three activities that show the potential for the organisation (within the established marketing objectives).
- Integration of organisational activities:Discuss and prepare a brief summary describing how the range of marketing, promotional and sales activities (detailed in the provided case study information) can be integrated to ensure the achievement of the established marketing activities.
- Monitor progress: Monitor the product, distribution, pricing and marketing communication policies in relation to market changes, marketing plan objectives and organisational requirements. Monitoring progress would also involve an evaluation of statistical and data techniques to measure marketing performance.
- Distributing and pricing:Review the proposed models for distribution and pricing of product, and describe how this should be adjusted to allow for the market fluctuations (as identified in the case study). Provide a plan for how distribution and pricing can be monitored over time, in relation to market changes and adjustments in organisational requirements (as described in the case study), to create monitoring reports for your organisation.
- KPIs: Provide a plan for how progress (using the metrics of return-of-market-investment and market share) can be measured against performance targets, to ensure that marketing requirements are being met.
- Delegation:Develop draft staffing proposals for the delegation of roles and responsibilities for various marketing activities and efforts within your organisation.
Once you have provided the information above, you need to meet with the CEO (your assessor), and discuss with them the information you have gathered about the proposed marketing activities and your management plan. In particular, you should discuss and agree on the proposed delegation of roles and responsibilities for marketing efforts described in your management plan.
With the CEO’s approval, you should develop information to be shared with relevant personnel in your organisation, including all information provided under each heading above, as well as:
Communication: Describing the communication strategies to be put in place to assist individuals in working together to achieve marketing objectives.
You must provide:
- A management plan for the marketing activities, with clear strategies and actions for the achievement of marketing objectives [Steps 1–6]
- Summary notes from your meeting with your CEO.
Your assessor will be looking for:
Evidence that you analysed and identified the needs of the case study, and reflected these in the management plan you have developed.
|Case Study – Houzit Pty Ltd|
Task 2: Staffing Support Plan
In this task you are required to develop a plan for the coaching and mentoring of staff involved in the marketing activities. Included in your plan will need to be descriptions of how you intend to provide feedback and instigate corrective actions to staff who are working with you to fulfil marketing objectives.
As part of this task, you will need to ensure that you understand the mission and strategic objectives of your organisation, in particular any guidance given by these or other policy and procedure documents on staff interactions and staff training. Your plan will need to establish strategies for coaching and mentoring staff, providing feedback and when necessary, instigating corrective actions to ensure that marketing objectives are being met. Legislation requirements will also need to be addressed. Such legislation requirements would cover areas such as: copyright laws, privacy laws, Trades Practices Act, Direct Marketing Code of Practice and defamation laws
Develop a staffing support plan for supporting through individuals and work teams with delegated roles and responsibilities within your organisation. This should include information under the following headings:
- Strategies: specific strategies for mentoring and coaching of staff throughout the period of the proposed marketing activities
- Resources: models for assessing use of resources provided to attain required marketing outcomes
- Feedback: a model and mechanism for providing feedback to staff throughout the process
- Performance: a process to be used for identifying weaknesses in individual and team performance (in meeting the requirements of the marketing objectives for the delegated marketing activities) and instigate corrective actions when required.
Using this information, review the two scenarios provided:
- Scenario 1: Describe how you would provide one-on-one coaching to the individual identified in the scenario to assist them in achieving the required marketing outcomes
- Scenario 2: Describe the performance to-date of the individual, and describe the corrective actions you could take to ensure that marketing outcomes continue to be achieved.
You must provide:
- staffing support plan [Steps 1-4]
- responses to each provided scenario [Steps 5-6].
Your assessor will be looking for:
Evidence that you analysed and identified the needs of the case study, and reflected these in the staffing support outline you have developed.
|Marketing Information – Houzit Pty Ltd|
Task 3: Marketing performance report
In this task you are required to review the implementation and progress of a marketing plan, based on the established plan and metrics.
Read the case study and understand the marketing objectives for the organisation. You will need to analyse and measure progress of the plan against established KPIS, and review targets for the next phase of the marketing plan. Data evaluation techniques to measure marketing performance should be demonstrated be the learner.
Learners will need to have read case study material contained within the previous two assessments to assist development of Assessment Task 3 answers.
Using the case study provided, detail the outcomes of ongoing marketing activities to develop a marketing performance report. The report should follow the three headings below:
- Analysis: analyse the marketing outcomes, changes in marketing and calculated marketing metrics (ROMI and market share).Describe the changes required to meet strategic objectives.
- KPIs: Explain any success or performance gaps in the case study as measured against the KPIs mentioned earlier. Identify what you believe are the causes and effects of any successes or gaps. Describe marketing outcomes and how you could improve strategic performance.
- Targets: for any identified over-performances (against targets), describe the trends and reasons for these, and set new targets for the next 12–18 months.
You must provide:
- A marketing performance report [Steps 1–3].
Your assessor will be looking for:
Evidence that you analysed and identified the needs of the case study, and reflected these in the strategic presentation you have developed.
|Market Information – Houzit Pty Ltd|
Manage the marketing process – BSBMKG603, 2015, 1st Edition, Version 1, Innovation and Business Industry Skills Council Ltd Australia, East Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Some recommended reading for this unit includes: