DUE 12 11: 59 pm
Written Assignment #5 – Final project – PowerPoint Marketing Plan Presentation:
Your final project is in lieu of a final exam and is worth 20% of your final grade. As such, the final project will assess your ability to synthesize the marketing principles by applying them to a health care organization. You are not expected to reach the level of authoring a professional, actionable, marketing plan, but you are expected to demonstrate an understanding and application of basic marketing principles.
Steps to completing a Successful Final Project
1. Chose a specific health services organization. You can choose any health care organization that interests you. This can be because you work for the organization, would like to work for the organization, are a patient or client of the health services organization, or any other reason that will inspire you to examine the organization’s marketing efforts. Be sure you either are sufficiently knowledgeable about the organization or can gather information on the organization and its competitors. Since the focus in this course is on the health services patient/client, please do not chose health care insurance plans or pharmaceutical companies.
All of the following types of health care organizations are acceptable for your final project: My health care organizations is
CR Manor Care Inc- Hospice care- https://www.hcr-manorcare.com/
Online Text: Core Concepts in Marketing, http://www.saylor.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Core-Concepts-of-Marketing.pdf
2. Research your health service organization. Your research should take many forms, including academic research from the UMUC library. Your research should also include a visit to the organization, interviews with key administrators or marketers (if possible), research on the category of health services in which the organization belongs, e.g. hospitals, physician practice, etc., website review, review of similar services which would be considered direct competitors. You might want to refer to the Marketing Webliography found under Course Content > Course Resources > Marketing Toolbox > Marketing Webliography.
3. Review the final project Power Point Template. This can be found under Course Content > Course Resources > Final Project Power Point Template. Be sure you understand all the relevant marketing concepts; ask your faculty member to clarify, if needed.
4. Use the marketing plan template to complete your Power Point Presentation. The template is located in Content>Course Content>week 8. Feel free to change the design and slide layouts in whatever way you feel best represents and communicates your best work. Be sure to remove any of the generic text provided to you for guidance.
5. Keep your Power Point presentation simple. Reserve the main portion of your presentation for your key findings, conclusions and recommendations. Use exhibits to add supplemental or source information such as charts and graphs.