Assessment Category 2: Written Assignment / Self reflective writing 1 – CriticalReflection on Case Study
During the 8th week, you are required to submit your second written summative assessment of 1200 words, which counts for the 20% of your overall grade. Please pay attention on the below Task Requirements:
Provide a critical self reflection of the process of completing assignment 1
For completing this Task successfully, you must read carefully the 8th week’s content as well summarize all the academic knowledge you receive from the module’s content and professional benefits you received while critically analyzed Amazon’s case towards marketing strategies during the completeness of the summative assignment 1 during the 4th week of the module.
The indicators of a good reflection are:
- It is personal to you
- It is clear how the learning relates to your role or prepares for a future role
- It outlines the content and method of the learning activity
- It describes how your knowledge, skills and attributes have developed as a result of the learning activity.
- It identifies any further gaps or learning you did not cover and how you might fill these.
- It describes how your current practice might change as a result
You can approach your Self Reflective writing as per the four stages below:
- What did I expect to learn?
- What did I learn?
- What will I do differently going forwards?
- My actions and next steps
A strong Assignment Critical Reflection Requires addressing to the following issues:
High personal effectiveness:
- Critical self-awareness,
- Self-reflection and self-management;
- Time management;
- Sensitivity to diversity in people and different situations and
- The ability to continue to learn through reflection on practice and experience.
Guidelines for completion:
- The word limit is 1,200 words, +/- 10% inclusive of appendices. Bear in mind that the appendices count towards the word limit so avoid including organisational material such as annual reports in any appendices.
- Where you quote directly or take ideas from something you have read you must reference these correctly using the Harvard referencing system, not numbered footnotes.
- Assignments should be word-processed in Times New Roman 12 point type.
- As this is a self reflective practice within your writing you can use of the first person such as ‘I’ or ‘we’.
You are free to quote directly or indirectly from any publication, provided that you give a reference for the author or originator. In other words, if the research or the views you cite are not your own, then you MUST acknowledge your source(s), in accordance with the Harvard style whereby citations are made in the text by author and date, with a full alphabetical listing at the end of the paper. If you fail to acknowledge your sources, you run the risk of being accused of plagiarism, which is an academic offence.
Please note that tutors cannot read large amounts of material prior to handing in, so please do not ask them to do so. We can advise on style and overall structure but will not proof read. Draft assignments cannot be evaluated by module staff. Please submit your work through the Turnitin link set up in the Assessment folder on the
module’s Blackboard site. Please use your University identification number, not your name, and ensure that the document is clearly marked in terms of your Scheme, the module and the module leader. Number each page of the document submitted. It is recommended that you place your identification number on each separate page of the document.
Length: A word processed self reflective essay of 1,200 (+/- 10%) words (inclusiveof appendices, NOT inclusive of references).
Submission deadline: End of week 8