Discussion Board – Week 9 – FA 2020
This Week the total # of points available is 11 with 2 for extra credit.
Please review again the Harvard Business Review (HBR) video on balanced scorecards and
answer questions 1 – 3 below…each worth 1 point. 2 minutes, 40 seconds
- The Balanced Scorecard was developed by Professor _____ from
_ Business School and Consultant ______.
- The four perspectives used to assess the health of an organization are:
· _ Perspective (doing well by the shareholders)
· _ Perspective (do our buyers like our products and services?)
· _ Perspective (can you efficiently deliver what the customers want?)
· ______________ Perspective (can you continue to improve and
- For each perspective, you must have both ___ and ____.
- If the Balanced Scorecard below was created for your Hotel organization, please name
one action (any kind) and one TECHNOLOGY BASED action that the hotel might take to
have a positive impact each of the 8 goals? Please see page 2 of this document and
complete the table below.
Perspective Strategies One Action of
Speed up the
Make room service
Extra Credit: 2 additional points
Review this article: https://www.revfine.com/artificial-intelligence-hospitality-industry/
The article identifies 3 examples of How to Use Artificial Intelligence Within the
Hospitality Industry. Please pick 2 of the 3 and explain 1) why you think it is important
and 2) how effective you think it will be and why.
- In-Person Customer Service
- Chatbots and Messaging
- Data Analysis