Show your work or no credit will be awarded. You can write on this then scan and upload it to Canvas.
- WebTech Development of Austin, Texas, is considering the possible introduction of a new product proposed by its research and development staff. The firm’s marketing director estimates the product can be marketed at a price of $70. Total fixed cost is $278,000, and average variable cost is calculated at $48.
- What is the breakeven point in units for the proposed product?
- The firm’s CEO has suggested a target profit return of $214,000 for the proposed product. How many units must be sold to both break even and achieve this target return?
- Consider a product with an invoice of $1.87 and a selling price of $4.99.
- Calculate the Markup percentage on selling price
- Calculate the Markup percentage on cost
- A consumer purchases a toaster from a retailer for $19.99. The retailer’s markup is 30%, and the wholesaler’s markup is 10%, both based on selling price. For what price does the manufacturer sell the product to the wholesaler?
Cost at each level = price – (price X markup%)