CN6070 – Advertising Theories
Take home assignment 2: Create a persuasive advertising message
Brief – The Context
One important impact of the Covid-19 pandemic and its related restriction rules has been the increasing
number of people who are forced to work from home (WfH). Several analysts have claimed that the WfH
format will be established on a worldwide scale as a permanent way of working in our everyday lives even
after the pandemic fades away (Baert et al., 2020). Greece is no exception.
Brief- The Task
In this context, you are asked to think of an advertising campaign for a product, a line of products, a service, or even a social awareness campaign, that “promotes” something that is directly related to the new
condition of WfH.
Brief – What exactly should I do?
1) Research first: Interview at least five (5) people who have experienced this shift to WfH. What is
their experience like? How do they feel about it? What do they think and feel about WfH? How do
they themselves work from home? What products, experiences, facilitators are they looking for? What
are their needs and wants?
2) Elicit insights from these interviews. You may identify common themes across these interviews.
3) Use these insights to think of a creative message idea for a product, a line of products, a service,
or even a social awareness campaign, that “promotes” something that is directly related to the new
condition of WfH.
4) Explain the whole process – from interviews, insights elicited, message and rationale for message
– in a max 3-pages free-form document. Submit your report as a single Word or PPT document by
the end of the semester (last class).
Therefore, for this assignment you are asked to produce an advertising concept that is:
a) Based on insights from your informal interview research, and
b) Is in accordance with best practices in persuasion, attitudes formation, but also drawing from pointers
regarding consumer behavior/advertising psychology concepts used in the advertisements.
- These are major insights I drew from interviews I conducted.
- This is the product that relates to the WfH emerging condition.
- This is the message I am proposing. This is why it is a good and persuasive message and one based
on consumer insights, as well as advertising/persuasion theories.