You are a graduate trainee in the finance department of a major UK-based investment company. Your manager has asked you to prepare a report on the Strategic Position of Ryanair and has provided you with a report template to complete and guidance notes (see below).
Note: You do not need
to consider any financial aspects of the company in your report as a full financial analysis of the
company has already been conducted.
Please think about how your knowledge of Porter’s 5-Forces factors or Ansoff’s Product / Market Matrix
choices could help you in carrying out your SWOT analysis
• Use the report proforma (downable from StudyNet) as outlined above.
• Your report should be submitted online as a single word document with text format in Arial
font, word size 11.
• Please use 1.5 line spacing.
• Your report should include appropriately sourced and referenced citations using the Harvard
• Please contact CASE for help if you are unsure about how to use Harvard referencing.
• You must state your SRN on the front cover of your report (in the text box provided) as your
work will be marked anonymously
Your research should include both internal and external sources. Annual reports provide an internal
source of information. External sources should include commentary and analysis from reliable thirdparty sources. A good source of external information on the company are reports from quality
newspapers or reputable online news channels.
References must be from at least 10 reliable, high quality, sources and should conform to the standard
Harvard Referencing System, both within the body of the text and in the references section of your
The report must be submitted as a single MS Word document on StudyNet by 6 pm on Sunday 6th of