By the conclusion of this module, a student will be expected to be able to:
- Critically review, utilising appropriate and accurate academic writing, knowledge and understanding through evidenced literature, how media influences health behaviours and moulds attitudes towards health and social care.
- Evaluate, utilising appropriate and accurate academic writing, how multi-agency working and the health and social care industries use media to connect with individuals and communities.
- As agents of change critically reflect, utilising appropriate and accurate academic writing, upon
your oral and written arguments in your group work and your group presentation.
Writing succinctly is a key academic skill which the programme seeks to promote. You should include
the total word count for your portfolio at the end of the work. The word limit includes the following:
• Every word from the introduction to the conclusion, including headings
• Quotations included in the body of the text
• In-line references
The word limit excludes the following:
• Title page
• List of references
• Appendices, diagrams, graphs, images etc.
Penalties for work that is outside the permitted word limit range of + or minus 10%
• Any excess over the allowed 10% is penalised. Work beyond the word limit will not be marked
(although it will receive feedback)
• Work below the word limit is highly likely to lack sufficient detail to meet the learning outcomes
and will be marked accordingly.