This assignment is designed for you to critically reflect on key themes for this subject: individual and group decision-making processes; sources of data and analysis, including usage of data analytics for
organisational decision-making, and the influence of bias in effective decision-making.
In doing so, you should consider a meaningful work challenge – a project that requires many
decisions to be made- that is relevant for you- in your current, or recent workplace. [NOTE: Torrens
University is a workplace and you have a special role in it.].
CHECKPOINT: Submit a draft of your outline and discuss your report proposal with your Learning
Facilitator by WEEK 9.
Your task is to analyse the project from the perspective of decision-making points/stages. In the
analysis, you are to consider:
- The sources of data, and the use of data analytics to identify trends/ patterns that form
the evidence for decision-making;
- Show visualisation of the decision-making process, and analytics to support the decisionmaking;
- Select at least three decision-making tools and technologies from within the subject
modules and show their application for your project. Consider if the decision would be
the same/ different by using multiple methods.
- Present the findings of your results in a business style report that includes clear headings
to guide the reader and visualisation of the data sources/trends/ patterns, and is
underpinned with evidence from relevant contemporary literature, including major
resources from within the subject modules.
- Reference according to the APA 6th. Ed. reference style guide, available at Student Hub
- Submit your report to Turn-It-In.
- Submit your report and TII report via the Assessment link in MGT602 Business Decision
Analytics on the Student Portal.
- The Learning Facilitator will provide feedback via Grade Centre in the Student Portal.
Feedback can be viewed in My Grades