ISS 6305: RESEARCH METHODS
FALL 2020 RESEARCH PAPER GUIDELINE
Please note that you are required to follow the instructions/directions outlined in the syllabus in the preparation, formatting, and submission of the full research paper. In addition, please note that your paper should have a cover page on which you headline your specific research topic. The first page of the paper should also headline the topic. The paper must have specific sections, and subheadings within the sections, as needed. The main sections of the paper are:
1. Introduction: The introduction should explain the topic and the objectives of your research. It should also include the research question; the unit(s) of analysis; the hypothesis, if applicable; and a statement on the significance of the research; in other words, why is this research topic important and necessary.
2. Literature Review: The review should start with a brief background information on the topic (in your own words) before you review what others have written about the topic. Please note that the review should include not only scholars’ viewpoints but also what methods they used to complete research related to your topic. You should also identify the ways in which your study or research ties into the existing body of knowledge on the topic and/or the field. You should apply insights from the course textbook’s chapter on Literature Review.
3. Methodology: This section should include clear identification of the data you’re using for your research, the source and type of data, and the method of data collection. There should be a subsection or subheading for data presentation.
4. Discussion/Analysis of Findings: This should be where you analyze your data and discuss or present specific findings.
5. Conclusion and Recommendation: This section should feature a summary of key points or take-aways from your study as well as at least a subheading for policy recommendations and suggestions for further research on the topic.