AUndergraduate Paper format APA Line spacing Double Language style UK English Description Assessment Information
a) Explore the various types of fraud that have been committed by Ted Baker in the UK. b) Critically evaluate Ted Baker’s degree of compliance with the UK Code of Corporate Governance, 2016 and 2018 version. This assignment is designed to assess learning outcomes:
1. Critically assess the social, economic and legal context, rationale and drivers for corporate governance.
2. Discuss the value and limitations of key academic research on module topics.
3. Integrate and synthesise between module topics to discuss the key issues in corporate governance theory, research and practice (including associated reporting, regulation and ethical issues).
Students are required to support their arguments by evidence from credible sources including academic articles, professional articles, or regulatory reports.
Only credible sources should be used. A minimum of five credible sources MUST be used.
All sources used in your assignment have to comply with the APA Referencing Guide.
Credible sources that students must use for this assignment includes the following:
• Corporate Governance textbooks/articles •
FRC: http://www.frc.org.uk (The UK Code of Corporate Governance) • ACFE: http://www.acfe.com
• Financial Times: http://www.ft.com
• The Guardian: http://www.theguardian.com
• Serious Fraud Office: https://www.sfo.gov.uk/ • Action Fraud: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ Assignment Structure The assignment should follow the following structure.
I. Overview of Ted Baker In this section, students need to provide an overview of the Company including: • The company’s industry • The size of the company • Who owns the company
II. Fraud at Ted Baker In this section, students need to explain: • What types of fraud have been committed by the company and what methods have been used by the fraudsters? • Who committed fraud at Ted Baker and why did the fraudster(s) do it? • How was the fraud discovered? • What is the amount and impact of loss as a result of this fraud?
III. The extent of Ted Baker’s compliance with the UK code In this section, students need to explain: 11/6/2020 Writers Hub – Freelance Writing https://www.writershub.org/writer/orders/663298#instructions 4/6 • To what extent the company has complied with the 2018 code of corporate governance in the UK? i.e. what are the principles and the provisions of the code that the company has complied with? And what are the principles and the provisions that the company has not complied with?
• Do you think the fraud committed was a result of corporate governance failure? Explain and justify your answer
• Critically evaluate the role of the company’s external auditors in this case. Do you think the auditors have done enough?
Explain and justify IV. What are the lessons learned from the case of Ted Baker? In this section, students need to express their opinion on what they have learned from the case of Ted Baker. Examples:
• Do you think specific regulations need change, why, and how? •
What do you think was the main cause of the fraud and how this could have been prevented? V. Word Count The word count is 3000 words.
There will be a penalty of a deduction of 10% of the mark (after internal moderation) for work exceeding the word limit by 10% or more. The word limit includes quotations, but excludes the references. VI.
References (Not in the word count) In this section, you MUST provide all the sources used in your work. Please follow the APA Referencing guide for referencing. All sources have to be alphabetically ordered.