For the Concept Map #3 assignment, you have the following parts:
1) Develop a concept map for epilepsy- this can be generalized or you can address a specific type of epilepsy as characterized by type of seizure such as generalized or focal.
2) Provide answers to the following questions with 1-2 paragraphs. Include references for these answers and one of these may be your textbook.
a. Describe one of the clinical manifestations with epilepsy and why this occurs.
b. What causes status epilepticus to occur?
You will need to identify the following on your Concept Maps:
- Etiology of the disease (the cause of the disease)
- Pathogenesis of the disease (how does the disease develop- e.g. are there stages?)
- Risk factors associated with the disease
- Epidemiology of the disease
- Clinical manifestations
- Prevention and treatment
You can make the Concept Map in Word or PowerPoint with diagramming or use of shapes.