Between 1848 and 1950, Mexican Americans lost rights that were “guaranteed” to them by the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, at the end of the Mexican-American War.
write only between 1848 to 1950 and use only Chapter 3-10 and videos for essay.
book: Rodolfo F. Acuna Occupied America
A History of Chicanos
2 paragraphs ( 2 to 3 pages, 500 to 1000 words total–250 word minimum per paragraph).
*(chapter 3-10) Employment opportunities
-Identify which right was lost
-What was the inequality that they faced as a result?
-How did they respond to the unequal conditions that they faced?
- Provide three examples from the required book and videos.
- Explained and provided at least two examples from the required readings regarding how Mexican Americans responded to the unequal conditions.
- Used and clearly identified and cited the source of one direct quote from the required readings to support their statements.
*(chapter 3-10) Provide 3 examples regarding how this major inequalities reflect the attitudes of American society and the American government during this time period. Why were these conditions deemed acceptable, and why weren’t the responses by the Mexican American community supported by the majority of the American people? Consider race, ethnicity, class, and the power structure. Make sure you are including details and examples from the required readings and videos
- Addressed how the American public deemed acceptable the loss of rights of Mexican Americans.
- Explained why the majority community did not support the actions of Mexican Americans to secure their civil rights.
- used and clearly identified and cited the source of one direct quote from the required readings to support their statements.