Discussion Questions 1
First read this article: 7 Myths About National Origin Discrimination – Armenian police officer awarded damages for discrimination
(https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/legal-and-compliance/state-and-local-updates/pages/myths-national-origin-discrimination.aspx (Links to an external site.))
• Next, read about the developments in CA in this article: NEW PROTECTIONS AGAINST NATIONAL ORIGIN DISCRIMINATION
(http://employer-law.com/new-protections-against-national-origin-discrimination/ (Links to an external site.))
• Discuss with your peers how physical characteristics can be relevant to a national origin discrimination claim.
• Then discuss the two myths (of the seven discussed, that surprised you the most, and explain why.
Discussion Questions 2
First, read the article Difference Between Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity: https://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-affirmative-action-and-equal-employment-opportunity/ (Links to an external site.)
- Second, read the article Affirmative Action Case May Have Employment Impact: https://www.shrm.org/ResourcesAndTools/legal-and-compliance/employment-law/Pages/affirmative-action-employment-impact.aspx (Links to an external site.)
- Lastly, read the attached article (A Timeline of Key Supreme Court Cases on Affirmative Action).
- Discuss two ways that you think the affirmative action cases in higher education are relevant to the workplace.
- Then discuss, why or why not you see affirmative action in the workplace as positive or negative