Topic: Spiritual / Praying
Appendix G – Spiritual / Praying
Ticket to class:
• Place in dropbox prior to the start of class
• No single word responses (at least 100+ words in each response)
• Give examples
• Cite resources
• Give the questions some thought and answer honestly
• Number your answers to correspond with the question
• Worth 12 points / 5%
- Describe a time spirituality was important in your life or that of someone you love or cared for (e.g., family member, friend, patient). Why was it meaningful in that situation?
- What would you do if a patient asked you to pray with them or read the Bible or another holy book, he/she might have at the bedside? How would this request make you feel? Would you experience any conflict if you were a different faith than the patient? Explain your answer.
3.There is something called scripting which is having something written and memorized for difficult situations. Write a prayer or spiritual message you could use in the above situation. Explain why you chose those words