Part 3: Activity-Based Costing:
Activity-Based Costing Video Link: How Small Planes are manufactured http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LhN_T5tGK8
Requirement 1: Questions to be answered:
- Discuss the Activity-Based (ABC) concept:
• Define Activity-Based Costing (ABC) concept.
• Describe how the ABC costing method works.
• Why is the ABC costing method used to manufacture small planes?
- List at least 6 activities that is included in the manufacturing process for building small planes.
- List at least 6 items that is included in Direct Materials (items needed to manufacture small planes).
- List at least 3 items that is included in Manufacturing Overhead (items needed by employees as they manufacture small planes).
Part 4: Quality Management and Just-In-Time Management:
Quality Management/Just-In-Time Management Video Link: How Chocolate is Made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdTpA0luD2U&feature=PlayList&p=3FF6723AA74606C0&index=19
Requirement 2: Questions to be answered:
- Discuss the Total Quality Management concept.
• Define the Total Quality Management concept.
• Describe how the Total Quality Management method works.
• Why is this method used when manufacturing chocolates?
- Discuss the Just-In-Time Management concept.
• Define the Just-In-Time Management concept.
• Describe how the Just-In-Time Management method works.
- List three ways of how the quality of chocolate could be determined during the manufacturing process.
- Discuss how the Just-In-Time Management method would work in the manufacturing of chocolate.
Submit a Word document in the Canvas assignment submit box with all of the requirements by the due date. Part #3 and Part #4 of this project is limited to two pages, typed, single spaced answer.
The due date for Part #3 and Part #4 is: October 26 at 11:59 pm