Note: Answer each question with a detailed speaker notes.
Signature Assignment Title: Organizational Systems and Leadership
The advance practice nurse is preparing to examine the role of leadership within a healthcare system. There is a need to demonstrate an understanding of the organizational and system leadership from theory to practice. This presentation will examine organizational and systems leadership through the quality improvement (QI) process.
Choose a QI measure for the focus of this presentation and answer the following questions:
- What is the historical evolution of science and technology in the context of the impact on the practice of leadership in regard to quality improvement.
- What are two ways that innovation is integrated into healthcare?
- How does complexity impact the leadership role?
- Apply principles of systems thinking to your selected QI measure.
- How would you apply conflict management and conflict resolution principles using leadership practices for implementation of the QI measure?
- What ways can you use complex communication processes in the healthcare industry to address this QI measure?
- How can you use emotional competence for the individual and the health care team as it relates to the QI process?
- How can the leader minimize toxicity in organizations especially when implementing a new QI measure?
- Apply change management practices and principles to your chosen QI measure.
- Analyze personal leadership styles through the lens of new learning and develop an ongoing plan for leadership development.
This PowerPoint® (Microsoft Office) or Impress® (Open Office) presentation should be a minimum of 20 slides, including a title and reference slide, with detailed speaker notes on content slides and recorded audio. Use at least four scholarly sources and make certain to review the module’s Signature Assignment Rubric before starting your presentation. This presentation is worth 400 points for a quality content and presentation.