DELTA AIRLINES RESEARCH PAPER
The following are required components of the research paper:
- The body of the paper will consist of approximately 10-12 pages
- 6-8 Scholarly references
- Times New Roman, 12-point font
- APA format
The paper should contain: (In this particular order)
- Describe Delta’s collaborative work environment, specifically discussing collaboration techniques, interaction between leaders and followers, and communication networks.
- Research Delta’s business environment, using Delta’s website or periodicals such as Fortune magazine or The Wall Street Journal.
- Explain Delta’s decision-making environment, risk management, and how the organization resolves conflict through the strategic negotiation process.
- Examine Delta’s approach to accomplish teambuilding and drive innovation.
- Does Delta have training programs for teams and a process to improve team communication and decision making? Why or Why not?
4.Change Management and Innovation Culture
- Identify something you believe should be changed about the way Delta operates.
- Analyze how this change could be managed using the three-phase model of planned change.
- Discuss the viability of using force coercion, rational persuasion, or shared power to achieve the planned change in Delta.
- Identify potential sources of resistance and ways to overcome the resistance for the planned change in Delta.
- Analyze Delta’s observable culture, shared values, and common cultural assumptions.
- Identify Delta’s process of innovation.
- How do the leaders of Delta reinforce and support a strong culture that promotes innovation?
- Examine Delta’s mission statement, code of ethics, and organizational chart.
- Describe Delta’s strategic objectives in light of the mission statement. Identify Delta’s structure and focus on why the company is organized as it is.
- What does it accomplish through this organization form?
- Also give attention to how this structure reflects Delta’s strategy.
- Is it a mechanistic structure, an organic structure, or a hybrid structure?
- What controls are used in Delta?
- For Delta, examine the company’s environment.
- Identify Delta’s strategy and its influences on the company’s design.
- Does Delta embrace technological innovations? Provide support for this opinion.
- How does Delta’s design keep the company on the competitive edge?
- Describe one aspect that you felt was the most important for a company to grow and be successful regardless of the economic environment. Explain why?