New paper details:
The repetitive nature of educational strategies has given rise to descriptions such as the education pendulum. This description offers a mental model of educational ideas as continuously fluctuating from one extreme to another without stopping to determine if any success was obtained by enacting the strategy. As a result, plausible strategies may be errantly discarded. In this assignment, you will discuss the nature of the education pendulum and the role of the educational leader in perpetuating or changing this model.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Write a paper of 1,000–1,250 words that discusses the education pendulum and the trends that have been associated with that pendulum. In your paper, include the following:
- An explanation of what the education pendulum is and why it exists.
- A discussion of whether strategies should and can be implemented to change that paradigm.
- A discussion of how the role of the educational leader would change if this paradigm shift occurred.