Instructions Chinua Achebe, author of Things Fall Apart, titled his book using a line from “The Second Coming” by William Butler Yeats: “Things fall apart; the center cannot hold.” After reading “The Second Coming” and the full text of Things Fall Apart, write an essay about the influence of outside forces and changing events on the life of the protagonist in the novel. Use the following questions to formulate your essay:
1. What was life like for the protagonist before the changes in his village? 2. How did things fall apart in his world?
3. Was the outcome predictable?
4. How did you feel about the outcome?
Criteria for This Assignment Length and Formatting Requirements Five to six pages, double spaced Time New Roman, 12-point font Works Cited page In-text citations Content Requirements Analyze all four questions above in your esay Analyze and describe how outside forces influence the events in Things Fall Apart. Submission Guidelines To complete this assignment, click “Submit your assignment,” and then choose one of the following methods for submitting your work:
1. Drag and drop your file into the submission box, and then select “Submit file.”
2. Select the file you want to upload, and then select “Submit file.” Please contact your instructor using Canvas Messages with any questions you may have.
Your instructor may take several business days to grade all of your work. Please be patient as your instructor works to provide a level of feedback that corresponiquds to the hard work you put into the assignment.