PART ONE: Do only FOUR of the following
- Compare Communicative Language Teaching and Situational Language Teaching from the perspective of ‘syllabus design’, ‘classroom activities’, ‘teacher roles’, ‘learner roles’, ‘objectives’ and ‘procedure‘. Which one do you think is more effective in Teaching English? Why?
- Which one is more effective in learning a foreign language: comprehension-based language learning or production-based language learning? Discuss it by giving examples from two methods of teachIng for each.
- Do you think that the use of learners’ first language is effective in teaching another language? Why? Why not? Discuss possible results of using L1 in EFL classes.
- What is meant by Modelling in NLP? Explain and exemplify the underlying approach of NLP. Prepare a lesson plan for the teaching of the Past Perfect tense by means of the NLP procedure.
- Considering the definition of ‘method’ in terms of three levels as (1) approach, (2) design and (3) procedure by Richards and Rodgers, Explain and exemplify the terms: approach, design, procedure. Provide examples from one of the methods of teaching.
- Prepare a consciousness raising activity to attract learners’ attention to the difference between the simple present tense with its use for habitual actions and the present continuous tense with its use for the activities that take place at the moment of speaking.