Read and critique one article and find one additional article that discusses virtual teams, group norms, group agreements, or developing trust in a new group. Then reply to the following questions, citing key points from the literature in your response:
• How do factors like trust and cohesion operate in virtual teams?
• What kind of breakdowns can happen in virtual groups?
• What are the benefits of establishing a group purpose and agreements early?
• What else is important to build trust in a newly forming virtual group?
• Forsyth, D. R. (2019). Group dynamics (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage.
• Thomas, K. W., & Kilmann, R. H. (2009). Thomas-Kilmann conflict mode instrument [Self-assessment]. Mountain View, CA: CPP.
• Purvanoa’s 2014 article, “Face-to-Face Versus Virtual Teams: What Have We Really Learned?,” from The Psychologist-Manager Journal, volume 17, issue 1, pages 2–29.
• Berry’s 2011 article, “Enhancing Effectiveness on Virtual Teams: Understanding Why Traditional Team Skills Are Insufficient,” in Journal of Business Communication, volume 48, issue 2, pages 186–206.
• Crisp and Jarvenpaa’s 2013 article, “Swift Trust in Global Virtual Teams,” from Journal of Personnel Psychology, volume 12, issue 1, pages 45–56.
• Raver, Ehrhart, and Chadwick’s 2012 article, “The Emergence of Team Helping Norms: Foundations Within Members’ Attributes and Behavior,” from Journal of Organizational Behavior, volume 33, issue 5, pages 616–637.